Friday, January 27, 2006

wally sczerbiak for ricky davis. dave campbell possibly headed to the celtics for a first round draft pick.

how does this affect the music scene in the twin cities? not at all, really. but should we be excited?

also, dave campbell is leaving 2024 records for presumably greener pastures. here's the release he sent out.

My apologies if you’ve already gotten this.

After a full year of service at 2024 Records as the manager of operations, I’m writing to announce my departure from the label. It has been an amazing experience—I have learned a ton about the industry and have really enjoyed working with everybody involved.

Where am I going? What am I going to do? I’m not sure just yet. But I know I’m ready to do something new. For now, I’m going to take some time off to shut off the phone, relax, grow out my beard a bit, cook for myself again, and prepare for the next chapter of life.

I want you to know that the decision to leave 2024 is my own. There was no knock down, drag out fight, nor do I have any problems with anybody at the label. As it turns out, the job just isn’t the best fit for me personally, and I’m ready to move on. Nate, Todd, Lindsay, Alison, Mike D., and the bands are all great people and it has been a great privilege working with them. I am proud that I can now call them my friends.


if that guy needs to grow out his beard, then i definitely need to quit my job and work on mine. it's horrible, as bill walton would say. see? it all comes back to roundball.

1 comment:

admin said...

let me add this hilarious insight from john hollinger of espn.com:

Boston probably won't have much use for Michael Olowokandi, a free-agent to be, unless Celtics coach Doc Rivers sees a situation where three fouls and two turnovers in a two-minute span would be helpful.

burn!