Monday, August 14, 2006

the thrilling of claire fisher?




so i woke up with "the thrilling of claire" by the national stuck in my head. it's on the bonus disc that comes with the re-issued version of alligator, which, by the way, should have been number 1 or 2 on my top ten CDs of 2006, but i hadn't gotten into it yet. And darnit, I forgot about sentence case again. But anyways, I've been wondering if the song's about Claire Fisher from the show "Six Feet Under." Unsurprisingly for the National, it's about some seriously dark stuff, as is that show, so that's kind of a wash. But at just the point when I stopped watching SFU, there was a scene where Claire is talking to two of her girlfriends about sex and they decide that she's never had the big O, and they're going to do something about that. OK, I know you're thinking, 'Steve, how could you have stopped watching at that point?' But I did. It's a long story.

Anywho, there's a line in the National song that goes, "The aftereffects of three girls on two girls / I'll just help you finish off." Hmmm ... anybody care to back this theory up or put it to rest?

No comments: