Friday, January 5, 2007

MinneapolisCast Call for Songs

Just stirring the soup here, folks:

Write a song to be posted on the Minneapoliscast website. I'm looking for 28 artists for the 28 days of February. A new song from a different artist every day.

February is a short, cold and dare I say, abysmal month. So to help get through the cold, I'm trying to put together a project inspired by They Might Be Giants' Dial-a-Song. I'm looking for 28 artists to submit one new song each to be posted on Minneapoliscast during the month of February. One new song each day. In the spirit of They Might Be Giants, the songs can be anything. A 30-second recording into a handheld tape recorder is fine. Whatever you can muster and get to me by February 1, I'll use. This is NOT limited to folks who have already been on the podcast, so spread the word. Send them to me on cassette, CD or mp3.

Artists this is a call to action.

Fellow media and music industry folks, please help me by promoting this with your people, either by posting it on your website or sending it out in your newsletters.

Mail songs to:

Minneapoliscast February Song of the Day
c/o Tony Thomas
4044 13th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Or send me an mp3 either as an e-mail attachment to truetone at gmail.com or a link to one posted somewhere.

No comments: