Monday, January 15, 2007

Sour grapes.

Crybabies

Man, the Chargers need to shut up. Of course, I have to say that I'm a Shawne Merriman hater from back at least a week ago, and I think his "Lights Out" dance is incredibly stupid and that he's a self-aggrandizing, pumped up freak. I saw him interviewed last week and someone asked him if his four-game suspension hurt him statistically in terms of being named defensive player of the year and he said it probably did a little bit. You know what hurt your chances for being named defensive player of the year? Being suspended for using steroids. I'm not naive enough to believe that he's the only one using steroids in the NFL or anything, but seriously, how cheeky do you have to be to think that the reason for your suspension has nothing to do with losing out to Jason Taylor?

Early in the game I saw him tackle somebody and then jump up and look around to make sure everyone was watching and then he did his spastic, idiotic little celebration. Seriously? It makes you look like a moron. If I thought I could make fun of him without getting the snot beat out of me, I would.

Should the Pats have shown a little more restraint? Probably. Do I blame them for getting excited when they upset the Super Bowl favorites on their home turf in a dramatic comeback? No, I don't, and LaDainian Tomlinson can go home and cry on his MVP trophy for all I care.

Done. I'll be back to music very soon, I promise.

No comments: