Friday, March 9, 2007

A beyond obscene list of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's Definitive 200 Albums

Basically, a pile of trash

So the R'n'R HOF issued this piece of garbage with the command to complete your collection. If Kenny G's Breathless (#107) sells even ONE more copy because of this list, every single person involved with its creation needs to be lined up against a wall and be shot. It doesn't stop there, though.

Coming in at nos. 99, 117, 134, 173? The soundtracks to "Dirty Dancing," "Top Gun," "Footloose," and "Forrest Gump." I'm sorry, but soundtracks are not albums, unless they're the work of some singular person, and even then, I don't know. Why don't they just put all the "NOW! That's What I Call Music" comps on there and be done with it? I mean, fuck it: why not just put the "Best Ofs" of the Beatles and Jimi Hendrix, etc. and forget about it? Which, let me not forget to mention, they didn't include Hendrix's Electric Ladyland. Criminal.

At #91? Matchbox Twenty's Yourself or Someone Like You. At #95? Creed's Human Clay. At #162? Avril Lavigne. This is now cred for these people. They can put it in their press kits. Look! My album was on this prestigious list which is really just a pile of absolute crap!

Incidentally, Outkast's Aquemini is below every single one of the album's already mentioned, as is Aja by Steely Dan, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust by Bowie and Led Zeppelin's first record. That last one comes in one spot behind Avril Lavigne's debut album and that's a goddamn crime. How you can even have those two albums next to each other than if your collection's alphabetical is unbelievable. And even then, they're in the wrong order!

This is just inexcusable. Pardon me while I go projectile vomit.

2 comments:

maxsparber said...

Oh I don't think it so ba---

HUCKgggghhhBLAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHRRRGGGGGGGGGH!

steve mcpherson said...

I'm simply stunned. Stunned. I, I ...