Friday, March 30, 2007

Low on Homegrown

Last night I pre-taped an episode of Homegrown with Low, who just released Drums and Guns on Sub Pop back on March 20. They won't be coming back through here until April 14 for a show at First Ave (which will also be featuring Loney, Dear, whom I heartily endorse as a worthwhile live experience), but they were down here doing press, so Homegrown hooked it up, but Dave Campbell couldn't be there to do his usual bang-up job hosting, so I had to do it all by myself. Andrea Myers was supposed to be there, but she wasn't feeling well, so Mandy and Christopher stepped in ably so I wouldn't have to be out there all by myself. By the end of the show, I had settled in much better. Anyways, Low played two live songs, "Breaker" and "Sandinista," both from their new disc, and the version of "Sandinista" was particularly excellent and very different from the album version.

So go ahead and tune in on Sunday night at 10 p.m. on Drive 105 to check it out if you're around the Twin Cities, or you can also get it off the website as a podcast a couple days after it airs.

Thus ends the shameless plug.

No comments: