Wednesday, May 16, 2007

'Round the Dial - 05.16.07

When I was music editor at Pulse (Remember that? Last week?), Tom Hallett and I had our issues, but they were mostly caused by me being stuck between him and his check, which was handed down from on high, so naturally, he had to be dogged in his pursuit of funds.

And lord knows we don't share the same taste in music and don't have the same opinions on a lot of topics, but over the almost two years I read and edited his column every week, I gained a lot of respect for the man, not least of all for his ability to keep up a weekly column for nearly all of Pulse's 10-year tenure in the local print media. He always got the same amount, no matter how much he wrote, but he never shied away from turning in 2500 or 3000 word columns when he was really fired up about something.

The point is, he and I have had our differences, but I made it a policy to publish Hallett's full 'Round the Dial column on the web every week, even when I had to trim here and there to get it on the page in the print edition. It seems this practice has been discontinued, because here's a link to Hallett's full final column for the final print edition of Pulse, as he wanted it.

'Round the Dial - 05.16.07

No comments: