Thursday, May 10, 2007

Severing ties ...

Well, I was just officially fired from Pulse of the Twin Cities, ostensibly for converting this blog from the Pulse Music Blog to Signal Eats Noise, which is patently ludicrous. The Pulse has one print edition left that's supposedly going to come out next Wednesday, and I'll be impressed if it happens.

I don't have any interest in tearing anybody down over this, so I'd just like to thank the great people I worked with there and all the fantastic writers I got to work with during my time at the paper. I'd also like to offer you a bit of advice: when Pulse comes knocking looking for writers for their new online venture, don't write for them. After two years of hard work above and beyond the call of what I was hired to do, with one week left before I could leave on good terms, Ed Felien decided to can me for trying to walk away with my own body of work, which he claimed he "owned." I offered him the pulsemusicblog.com name, which he declined, saying I could have it and he wouldn't fight me over it. That's all I really wanted anyways, and now I can look forward to building this as its own entity.

Welcome, if I haven't said it already, to Signal Eats Noise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be impressed if they actually get a print issue out on their own, too. Maybe they'll have the webcam up in time so we can all watch the ship sink.

Oren said...

wow. that is just the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. You'd think they'd show some respect, given the circumstances.

Anonymous said...

Well, the past is the past. I look forward to reading the new blog.

Aaron said...

Just added this to my RSS reader. I won't be reading Pulse for anything.

maxsparber said...

Aaron! Man, you get around.

Anonymous said...

You're a class act, McPherson--a calm zen master in this dysfunctional media tempest. James Giant Valley sends his regards.