Friday, June 15, 2007

Music news from a coffee shop

I'm currently at the Dunn Bros. near my place, and this is where I always run into Stook, a fantastic singer/songwriter who's always picking up coffee on his way to work when I swing through, it seems. Maybe you should go to his MySpace page and check out some of his music. I particularly recommend "One Blue Teardrop".

He also mentioned The Cates, who are a duo from Minneapolis and are pretty great. They don't have any real studio recordings yet, but my colleague Andrea Myers from HowWasTheShow played a cut from a live disc they have on Homegrown once upon a time,and it really was quite fetching. They've got a winsome and delicate take on "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on their MySpace page. They really have to record this in a studio, 'cause I smell breakthrough hit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just might be jamming me some spoon this weekend!