Thursday, June 14, 2007

Timberwolves PG Mike James to Houston for PF Juwan Howard

The only thing good about this deal is that Howard's got less of a contract left. The T'wolves have been notorious for trading players who are almost done with their deals (Olowokandi) for players who aren't an upgrade and have longer contracts left (Blount), so this seems like a step in the right direction.

I'll miss Mike James' crazy, but not his lackluster playing. Looks like the people in Houston have more of the same to look forward to, according to this part of the Star Tribune's report:

"I'm coming in with a whole new attitude," James said. "I'm going to change my number, if I can. I'm going to change to No. 7 [from No. 13], because it's God's perfect number. I'm going to come in with a whole new approach to life, to everything, the way I approach the game of basketball itself. One thing I'm going to do is have fun. I'm going to smile."

In addition to smiling, I'd recommend learning to play point guard and maybe not jacking up so many threes in the first five seconds of the shot clock. If I played basketball, I'd see if I could make my number 1.618. Because it's Pythagoras' perfect number.

No comments: